Member search

Shinichi Hosokawa

CEO
GMO Research, Inc.
Japan

ESOMAR RepresentativeESOMAR RepresentativeESOMAR MemberESOMAR MemberCorporate HQ Key memberCorporate HQ Key Member

Personal information

Nationality:
Japan

Background information

Biography:
I started my career as a Diplomat at the Japan Embassy in Ethiopia after graduating from Shiga University. The experience of living in Ethiopia for two years exposed me to understand and value different cultures, which has helped me throughout my career.
In 2001, I finished my MBA in the US at Thunderbird - The School of Global Management.?
I learned the skills to manage a Global business, which I still consider to be a major challenge for the Japan Market Research industry. I joined GMO Internet Group in January 2005 and in May the same year, established a subsidiary; GMO-Research.

Our vision is to be the No.1 research solution platform in Asia.
Recently we have expanded offices in China, Singapore, and India. In 2014, GMO Research was listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.

I am honored to take part as ESOMAR Representative for Japan starting this year.
I am also the Director of Japan Marketing Research Association (JMRA).
My vision is to support the international relations between JMRA and ESOMAR with the goal of progressing Global business expansion.