Hamara
Beirut 113-7462
Lebanon

Personal information

Nationality:
Lebanon

Background information

Biography:
I have been in the marketing research field since 1996 and I had the chance to work in a variety of functions within the industry such as: field, analysis, customer service and management.  I believe in MR as a blessing for consumers, who can find improved products and better service offering; but, I also fear that MR can be misused in a number of ways such as intruding on the privacy of individuals. On the other hand, the industry has still not gained the visibility and respect it deserves in our country whether in the business sector, or among graduates who rarely know what MR is all about.
I started my career within the marketing analysis field in 1992 at General Motors Distributors and in 1996, I established Ipsos in Kuwait. The passion for the research field, led me to found in 2002 ARA Research and Consultancy, a specialized marketing research and consultancy firm.My aim is to provide comprehensive and actionable advices using a toolbox of innovative and pioneering methods. With this in mind, I developed CUSTRACK, a Customer Satisfaction Tracking that is used by Nissan Motors Company, Renault, Ferrari among other renowned names of local banks, mobile operators, and internet providers.
I hold an MBA degree (1992) from the American University of Beirut and a BBA degree (1990) from the same University. I wrote a manual for automotive companies about the use of marketing research for ensuring the adoption of customer contact standard by all level of employees. I also applied my knowledge in research within the internal environment of large companies– such as Kuwait Oil Company – where I developed the internal communication strategy and the internal branding. I am an active member of the following associations:-  “Economic Consultant” to the French Ministry of Trade since 2002 -  Student Film Festival (since 2007): active promoter for Film Festival of new graduates. -  Beirut Theatre (since 2009): recently succeeding reopening the oldest and most prominent theatre in Beirut. - “Lebanon in our heart”: Created in 2007 a promotional campaign that supports every year the tourism in Lebanon.  It was key to reposition Lebanon as a touristic destination just few months after a destructive war.
I seriously recommend the book “Black Swan” by Nassim Taleb. It is an essay, and it attacks in a way research and statisticians, but in reality it is very good for researchers and seeker of realities.